September 12, 2005

Unusual Music

Fraxas insisted I share with you some of the odd music groups I listen to. First, The Chromatics, an a cappella group from NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center (I kid you not!). You can download six of their science songs for free here. Their other music is less focused on science, but contains lyrics that are often funny to scientists. Easily the most professional of the groups in this post.

Les Horribles Cernettes, a more conventional High Energy Rock Band, this time from CERN. Not my favourites (maybe it's the web page), but still neat if you're interested in science songs.

The Mental Notes, of John Hopkins. I point you to them solely because of Nintendley, an a cappella recreation of Mario Brothers music, complete with pause sound effect.

For more video game music, I point you to The Minibosses, who Fraxas had actually heard of. You can dowload a bunch of their songs for free when their site is up.

Oh, and I have to mention that as part of the Ur-Quan Masters project, all 69 of the songs from Star Control 2 are being remade by The Precursors. There are also a lot of fan remixes of these songs. I particularly recommend Potato Juice, by Eric Berge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home