June 22, 2005

ICFP 2005

To counteract my recent lack of coding, I'm going to attempt to solve the ICFP 2005 contest problem. I don't really expect to finish it in time, much less win the contest, but it'll be fun if it's as good as last year's problem. If any of you want to contribute over the weekend, there will probably be some sub problems I could have you work on. Most of the past problems required a simulator in which to test solutions, for example.

Plus, I'll try to get back to the Python Challenges and finish the Music Animation Machine.

2 Comments:

At June 22, 2005, Blogger Fraxas said...

Simulators make me queasy.

They're ilke unit tests, really; when something fails a unit test, it's impossible to know whether the failure was in the unit test or in the code itself.

 
At June 22, 2005, Blogger JeremyHussell said...

Well, you could unit test the simulator...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home